Hey fellow travelers,
As I write this, I am stuck at the San Francisco airport 🌉. My flight was delayed to 2:16 am (PST). Yay…🤦🏼♀️ So at this rate I will be in Orlando by around 11:30 am (EST) because of the time difference. What does this mean? I have FOUR hours to kill. Which brings me to my question: what is the most active, nutritious, healthiest, sane way to kill FOUR hours in an airport and prevent boredom? Well, I have come up with some ideas:
1. Find a banana 🍌
- Bananas seems to be the easiest and most filling healthy snack to find. Just look around and I promise you will see some lying around the cash registers of all the little food marts in the terminal.
2. SO you don’t like bananas – find trail mix 🥜🍇
- Another super easy, nutritious find
- Remember though: NOT ALL TRAIL MIX IS GOOD FOR YOU, don’t pick the ones with the M&M’s – I’m watching you 👀
3. so you’re the STAIR-MASTER, huh? how about The ESCALATOR-Master? 🚶🏼♀️
- Need some exercise? Just walk your way up and down the escalator
- Benefits: Return home with toned calves, glutes, quads and hamstrings
4. stretch 🤸🏼♀️
- You have so much time to stretch, so why not? There is usually a carpeted area near the gate – use it!
- “But the floor is dirty!” Okie… but is the plane any cleaner? My advice would be not to touch your face while you stretch and then wash your hands after. Also remember that the airport in general is not a very clean place. Let’s be preventative💚 bring hand sanitizer, make sure you got your daily value of vitamin C and plenty of rest the night before.
5. REST 😴
- Lay down! How often are you given four hours to just lay down and do nothing? Take advantage of it.
- You can also sleep as long as you know you will wake up for boarding and your personal items are safe. Maybe set an alarm? 📱
6. Drink tea 🌱🍵
- It’s calming for stressful times like this.
- Contains antioxidants
- Calorie-free (if you don’t add any sugar or honey mister)
- For more benefits, CLICK HERE
7. Make friends 👋🏼
- I always love to talk to people because it makes the time go by so much faster.
- Tip 1: people love to talk about themselves. Ask them questions to get a conversation going 👌🏻
- Tip 2: Not sure where to start?
- They have a book = ask about it
- They have a coffee = ask about it
- They have a cool laptop = ask about it
- You like their shoes = ask about it
- …I hope you understand what I am getting at, silly. Act interested and I bet they’ll teach you something new 🤔 But, don’t be creepy haha
8. Meditate 🙏🏼
- My friend Maddie likes to listen to guided meditations on youtube and highly recommends them. If you have headphones, this could be a perfect, peaceful solution to dealing with the extra time.
9. Make a playlist and walk around to it🎵
- Step 1: Make a playlist of songs you would like to hear while you’re working out
- Step 2: Walk around your terminal while listening to that playlist
- Step 3: Edit your playlist (take out songs, replace songs etc.)
- Benefits: If you are an instructor, you have your next playlist for class!
- This will keep your mind active and give you time to reflect upon yourself.
- It always feels good to write your thoughts down.
- Not sure what to write about it?
- Short-term goals
- Make a list you can check off
- Long-term goals
- Make a five year plan
- List of what/who you’re grateful for
- Short-term goals
Thanks for reading and safe travels. ✈️💙